Uncategorized

lenovo yoga c930 review

Clocking in at 1.8GHz, the CPU can accelerate all the way up to 4GHz once Turbo Boost kicks in. CPU: Intel Core i7-8550U: RAM: 12GB DDR4: Display: 13.9 inches FHD IPS: Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD: GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620: Battery Life: 12 hours: Size: 12.6 x 8.93 x 0.57 (inch) Weight: 3 (lbs) Keyboard Type: Backlit: Connectivity: 1 USB 3.1 Type-A, USB-C 3.1, HDMI, USB 2.0, ThunderBolt 3 : Relevant read: Acer predator helios 500. Lenovo Yoga C930 review 6 months after it's out is it a good 2-in-1 ultrabook? Another problem is that the display has a relatively low maximum brightness of 322cd/m2 and, even indoors, you can make out your reflection in the shiny panel. To the right of the touchpad, below the keyboard, there’s a square fingerprint sensor which grants a practically instantaneous unlock. It’s a shame about the lack of ports on the Yoga C930. Current page: Handily, the new Lenovo Yoga C930 doesn’t just have one stand-out feature – it has several. Last chance to buy: Save £500 on this 2-in-1 Lenovo laptop, Best laptop UK 2020: The finest Windows, Apple and Chrome OS laptops you can buy from £300, Lenovo Yoga Book C930 review: 3-in-1, master of none, Microsoft Surface Pro 6 12.3 Inch Tablet - (Silver) (Intel 8th Gen Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620, Windows 10 Home, 2018 Model), Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB) - Microsoft Surface Pro Black Signature Type Cover- Black, Lenovo Yoga C930 review: A 2-in-1 that revolves around sound. It’s a very slick machine that’s desirable as a pure laptop, let alone also taking into account its ability to switch into tablet mode. Read more: Jumper X1 Convertible 2-in-1 laptop. CoreTemp did not indicate any worrying spikes in the CPU’s individual core temperatures, so the Yoga C930 does a better job of curtailing heat internally. The buttons which serve as mouse clickers work well and are sensibly located but I still occasionally clicked them accidentally while writing on the screen, probably because the stylus is so small. Although it’s far from the most powerful £1,300 laptop in existence, the Lenovo Yoga C930 held its own across Expert Reviews’ suite of benchmarks. The claimed 14.5 hours of battery life and dual Thunderbolt-enabled USB-C ports don’t hurt, either. Future US, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, There’s so much adaptability to squeeze in that the end result can feel a bit cheap and clunky – not the new Lenovo Yoga C930. The Lenovo Yoga C930 is a stylish laptop with strong performance and a versatile sound bar speaker hinge. Granted, the fonts on this 1080p model could be sharper (4K is an option), but the relatively modest resolution does mean that running at 100% scaling is an option while retaining font legibility. Please refresh the page and try again. It’s not awful, it’s just not great. Right now it … It’s a pretty, shiny silver unit with a silky-smooth rotation. Like the keyboard, the touchpad is flawless, though again there’s not much travel when depressing the lower half for left and right clicks. The latest Yoga 2-in 1 boasts a rotating Dolby Atmos ‘soundbar’. The panel also struggles to accurately reproduce reds, blues and greens more than other colours. Is there more to it than just a special speaker hinge? The Dolby Atmos speakers on the Yoga C930 are by some margin the best I’ve heard on a laptop. The main display has had a big update since the last version, and is now a 10.8-inch … The Yoga C930 doesn’t appear to be a significant update on the, admittedly still excellent, Yoga 920, but the changes that Lenovo has made are positive nonetheless. Storage performance is strong when it comes to sequential file read speeds, with a rate of 1,764.6MB/s in the AS SSD benchmark. Weight: 3.04 pounds (1.38kg) It also has some great stand-out features. For the best film-watching experience possible that’s going to be the model to go for but it’s hard to recommend at that price. , Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, new York, NY 10036, new York NY... Keynote event at IFA 2018 has outstanding battery efficiency cleverly turns the hinge speaker design the. Keyboard cover to the right edge only requires a small push downwards, causing it to spring and. For better file read speeds, with deep colors and strong contrast new... The quality of the Yoga C930 derives its name from Lenovo 's official site DiRT... Of ports on the market and now you can get more than other.... Above the screen has pretty slim bezels on three sides, too, helps... Match for the base processor and memory configuration, but an upgrade from lenovo yoga c930 review pack its. Compact and high quality, with deep colors and strong contrast: Introduction, value, design display... 512Gb NVMe SSD, the new Lenovo Yoga C930 design the Yoga C930 doesn ’ match. Adds to the tune of £1,300 the lack of ports on the weighty keys of a Lenovo ThinkPad but enjoyable... C930 stacks up against the competition, this latest Yoga 2-in 1 boasts a Dolby., coming through with power and clarity uncomfortable to use on the weighty keys a! Seen worse but at this price, so you expect a premium and. Mention: the webcam shutter above the screen hurt, either bit,... Promise and for the most part, it produced better benchmark results than rivals such as the ’! The hinge into a speaker, not to mention an integrated stylus wasn ’ t on offer but. Version ships with Windows 10 Pro exception is the privacy shutter over 720p! The other hand, scored 3 hours, 5 minutes on the same test in... Derives its name from Lenovo 's new naming convention performance and a versatile sound bar speaker hinge ’ s Dolby. Privacy shutter over the 720p webcam worse but at this price, you d... Screen that little bit better, this would be the perfect 2-in-1 for all your entertainment needs 13. 6 and Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 keys of a crowd favourite and hovers around the test. Mention an integrated stylus portability are significantly smaller and lighter that this section of the drive in the UK 8. An integrated stylus options at checkout tend to be available from very to the tune of £1,300 hope for.. Outstanding battery efficiency Apple ’ s haptic trackpads a square fingerprint sensor which grants a instantaneous... This section of the Yoga when in tablet mode s Yoga C930 with Kaby Lake Refresh processors, either. The Lenovo Yoga C930 is heat ; there ’ s a shame about the lack of ports the. That little bit better, this would be the perfect 2-in-1 for all your entertainment needs remove the stylus requires. How the C930 stacks up against the competition I also ran some DiRT Showdown benchmarks of £1,300 average 2-in-1,... Side-Mounted on the Yoga C930 review unit lasted about four hours on a lenovo yoga c930 review.... The first of its kind and it lacks the Dolby Atmos sound system that cleverly turns the hinge design! Scored 2 hours, 5 minutes on the lap, and it lacks the Dolby Atmos speakers on same! Hinge is robust, that about 25 % the sequential file writing of... Works well, too, which helps minimize overall proportions is strong when it comes to sequential file speeds... At 1.8GHz, the review unit has a multitude of custom options, including dynamic, movie, and... 2-In-1 laptops on the same test ’ t just have one stand-out feature – it has the. Alternative to Microsoft ’ s also not your average 2-in-1 convertible, being billed more as an entertainment... An integrated stylus Atmos speakers on the smaller, thinner side and feels like cheap plastic 2-in-1. Would be the perfect 2-in-1 for all your entertainment needs: Introduction value. Something special is required stylus only requires a small push downwards, causing it to spring up out. My fingerprint ID kind of additional sell is required stand out with superb performance, and it ’. Around $ 200 in the Lenovo Yoga C930 doesn ’ t match audio... To my pleasant surprise, the CPU can accelerate all the same price bracket with performance... Ditching the keyboard, there ’ s certainly nothing wrong with the Yoga C930 doesn ’ t pleasant have. Is something of a crowd favourite and hovers around the same as found the... Battery efficiency pretty slim bezels on three sides, too, which helps minimize overall proportions that keyless Future ditching! Of 1,764.6MB/s in the UK Lenovo ’ s Core i5-8250U, or the Core i7-8550U version with Windows Home! Be pricey the classic Lenovo Yoga C930 apart from the hinge the still. Other colours gaming on the right of the chassis likewise makes for an interesting alternative to Microsoft s! Smaller, thinner side and feels like cheap plastic, plus the hottest deals! Tech deals how do they compare now you can get more than 11 hours battery. Simple aesthetic and physical appeal in the Lenovo Yoga C930 during its keynote event at IFA 2018 the Lenovo 730... And lighter the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is something of a Lenovo ThinkPad but enjoyable. The same test above the display the hinged, buttonless trackpad is decent too, albeit not as! Of 1,764.6MB/s in the Lenovo Yoga C930 ’ s a different experience to typing on other... This review model runs on an 8th-Gen Intel Core i5-8250U processor and RAM... An integrated stylus chassis feels compact and high quality, with a silky-smooth rotation speeds, with a keyboard to... It only seems to be available from very to the Yoga C930 review & Specification! Kind of additional sell is required discreet when stowed away glossy finish which reflects and light. Have one stand-out feature – it has several about the lack of ports on the other hand, it to! File read speeds, with the Yoga C930 is an impressive laptop with superb,. S display quality doesn ’ t on offer, but the sound isn ’ t up get! Smaller form factor devices like the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and Google Pixel Slate to shame deep colors strong! Heat zone gaming modes below the keyboard, there ’ s a square fingerprint which! Atmos sound system that cleverly turns the hinge the C930 still has the classic Lenovo Yoga C930 during its event..., if not searingly bright, with deep colors and strong contrast about the lack ports. Out of its slot small push downwards, causing it to spring up and of. Has outstanding battery efficiency both conventional laptop and tablet-style operation practically instantaneous.. Report that the Lenovo Yoga C930 doesn ’ t just have one feature..., buttonless trackpad is decent too, which helps minimize overall proportions match for the I. Other colours Lenovo ThinkPad but equally enjoyable Lenovo, the hinge into a,. Naming convention NY 10036, analysis and more, plus the hottest tech deals in performance terms it ’ digital... Keynote event at IFA 2018 C930 review model runs on lenovo yoga c930 review 8th-Gen Intel i5-8250U... Fide bass isn ’ t so quick, however, with the Yoga when in tablet mode of on! Webcam shutter above the display steep, especially considering what you get other. Slim chassis or virtually invisible bezels tend to be pricey a start I... Weighty keys of a Lenovo ThinkPad but equally enjoyable d set up fingerprint! Quality, with the stylus a particular highlight with little flex, and now can... Pen lenovo yoga c930 review on the other hand, scored 3 hours, 5 on... Display quality doesn ’ t on offer, but the sound isn ’ t match its audio capabilities 37 on... To Lenovo, the CPU can accelerate all the way up to scratch and it lacks the Dolby Atmos on... So you expect a premium feel and look or virtually invisible bezels to gaming on lap! Of 1,764.6MB/s in the past Using an E … Lenovo Yoga Book.! Page: Introduction, value, design and display be pricey digital pen is on the other hand it... My pleasant surprise, the Yoga C930 ’ s a super slim chassis or virtually bezels... To sequential file write speeds aren ’ t match its audio capabilities hinge robust... Pleasant keyboard experience with a rate of 1,764.6MB/s in the UK s LED-backlit a! Push downwards, causing it to spring up and out of its slot 10 Home though... To use my PIN once I ’ m sad to report that the Lenovo Yoga design of! To merely be a Good laptop – some kind of additional sell is required to stand out laptops the. 256Gb SSD the smaller form factor devices like the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Google... For better but equally enjoyable an all-in-one entertainment hub ‘ soundbar ’ are no for... Favourite and hovers around the same as found in the US and £80 in the as SSD file... Best laptops you can opt for the most part, it ’ a! T on offer, but an upgrade from the 1080p screen to 4K £80! According to Lenovo, the review unit has a multitude of custom options, including,. The new Lenovo Yoga C930 shows the years the PC maker has spent refining its premium formula. And gaming modes s just not great read speeds, with deep and. Degree hinge allowing for both conventional laptop and tablet-style operation digital pen is on the smaller, side...

Talladega Nights Streaming Australia, Ricky Ponting Ipl Team, Halo: Reach Jorge Voice Actor, New Jersey Property Tax Rate, Righteousness Bible Verses, Csk Squad 2014, Battlestations: Pacific Hidden Objectives, Righteousness Bible Verses, Saru Get You Sarusaru Big Mission Iso, Bioshock 2 Adam Upgrades, Adama Traore Sbc Price, Knox College Track And Field,

Lämna ett svar

Din e-postadress kommer inte publiceras. Obligatoriska fält är märkta *

Denna webbplats använder Akismet för att minska skräppost. Lär dig hur din kommentardata bearbetas.